ACA ALUMNI ASSOCIATION – KICKOFF DRIVE
In an attempt to begin an ACA Alumni Association, we need to contact and collect as many individuals as we can. Please pass the word that former graduates and former students of ACA are eligible for membership. Please email [email protected].
Include the following information:
- Last Name – Maiden Name – First name
- # of Years attending ACA – Graduation Yr or Last Year of Attendance
- Present Address
- Email address
Then contact and inform all former students of ACA of whom you know.
Are you a proud graduate of Abbeville Christian Academy? We would love to have you become an active member of ACA Alumni Association. There are many ways you can get involved and give back to your school. Please get in touch with us today. We cannot wait to hear from you. If you have questions or comments please contact our Alumni Relations Director Daniel Johnson – [email protected].
Why Give Back to ACA?
The following list reflects a few of the reasons why your support is so important:
- Giving is traditional in independent schools and helps bridge the gap between tuition and what it actually costs to educate each child.
- Besides tuition, gifts are the second greatest source of income for Abbeville Christian Academy.
- Contributions to ACA are tax deductible, whereas tuition is not.
- Successful fundraising can help ACA keep tuition raises to a minimum
- Every gift, regardless of the amount, is important and appreciated.
- Support the people and programs that help ensure educational excellence
- Provide critical professional development workshops for teachers
- Enhance important programs essential to the overall development of the curriculum, spanning academics to athletics to the arts and beyond
Ways to Support ACA
Cash can be contributed in the form of a check or through a bank draft secured from your local bank or by using our automated form.
Memorials and Honorariums
Memorials and honorariums are gifts given in memory or in honor of a loved one or other special person.
Many companies will match gifts to ACA on a dollar-for-dollar (one to one) basis; others match on a two to one or three to one basis.
Gifts of Securities
Transferring appreciated securities is one of the most tax-wise gifts a donor can contribute. This type of gift enables ACA to sell the stock, while the donor avoids capital gains. The donor’s gift is deductible at its full market value on the day of the contribution, provided it has been held for at least a year. Thus it is beneficial to both the donor and to ACA. Depreciated securities, on the other hand, can be sold and the cash contributed and used as a charitable deduction.
Gifts of Real Estate
Donors can also contribute real estate, which ACA will in turn sell. By contributing real estate, donors not only realize an income tax deduction, but they also escape the capital gains tax they would have paid on the profit had they sold the property themselves.
Gifts of Personal Property
ACA accepts gifts such as books, equipment, artwork, collectibles and other items, so long as they relate to the mission of the school.
Gifts of Life Insurance Policies
You can contribute life insurance either by naming ACA as a beneficiary of an existing policy or by taking out a separate policy and naming the school as the owner of the policy. If you name ACA as the owner and the beneficiary of the policy, you can use the premium payments as an income tax deduction.